Trekking Carros de Foc695 € IVA incl.
Carros de Foc (CHARIOTS OF FIRE) is a high-mountain route with a circular itinerary, connecting the nine mountain refuges inside the boundaries of the Aigüestortes i Llac de Sant Maurici National Park.
We will walk in this granite kingdom for six days, with majestic peaks and many lakes. From the Atlantic forests of the Arán Valley in the surroundings of the Colomers refuge, the chaos of large rocks in Contraix to the crystal-clear waters of the lakes that we will border day by day.
Pyrenean valleys contrast between the northern and southern areas of the park due to their climatic influence. Beech forests, fir trees between granite blocks with crystal clear waters in the background, and postcard prints that we can enjoy for six days.
Chamois, roe deer, and marmots will observe us from the ground, as well as the griffon vulture, the golden eagle and the bearded vulture will easily see us long before we do.
The tour company reserves the right to make changes to the structure of the tour program in advance of the tour start date where it considers it necessary to do so & will consult with the clients in advance. The circumstances where changes may be required may include weather conditions, flight/airport connection changes, cost increases of hotels, transport, guides or other events that are material to the company not incurring a financial loss.
A deposit of 20% is required to reserve a place on tour. The Deposit should be paid immediately to ensure that the tour company Rumbo a Picos can confirm your reservation & to ensure that the minimum number required to run the tour has been reached.
Final payment must be made not later than 30 days before the tour start date.
• The tour company Rumbo a Picos reserves the right to cancel the tour if there are not enough participants up to 30 days before the tour start date. In the event of such cancellation, participants shall be refunded 100% of the payments they have made to the tour company Rumbo a Picos. The refund shall be made by Bank Transfer to the client’s bank account within 7 days of the notified cancellation.
• If the client cancels his/her booking up to 30 days before the start date of the tour, the tour company will refund to the client all payments received by the company from the client.
• If the client cancels his/her booking within 30 days of the start date of the tour due to Force Majure or severe illness, hospitalisation or death of a member of the client’s immediate family & the client furnishes proof in writing to the tour company; the tour company will retain 50% of the tour price to cover the tour company’s costs & administrative expenses. Where the client cancels for any circumstances other than those set out here, the tour company will not make any refund to the client.
• The tour company reserves the right to modify the tour program & the itinerary in the event of circumstances outside of their control, such as Force Majure, severe or unsuitable weather or any other circumstances they consider necessary to ensure the safety of the tour participants.
• If a participant abandons the tour for whatever reason, he/she should inform the Guide in writing of their decision. Any related expenses must be paid by the participant.
Price per person
Refugio Estany Llong - Refugio Colomina. 15km
Meeting up with the Guide in Boí Taull. Transfer from Boí Taull by taxi to Planell d’Aigüestortes. Many lakes and their human use will accompany us during today’s stage. After leaving the Llong refuge behind and ascending, first through the forest and then through large Pyrenean meadows to the Dellui pass (2,577 m), we will skirt or pass very close to the Eixerola, Cubieso, Mariolo and enormous Tort lakes. Finally, we will walk along the path of old wagons for loading the material in the works of all these dams. We will spend our second night in the Colomina refuge next to the lake of the same name at 2415m. Dinner and overnight at Colomina Mountain hut.
Refugio Colomina- Refugio Josep M. Blanc. 10km
Breakfast. Today the stage is shorter, but it is worth sleeping in the Josep M. Blanc Refuge, one of the best-attended mountain huts in a spectacular setting. We begin by going up a slope and short canal, ending with some stairs to Pas de l’Ós; surrounding the Saburó lake, we will climb the hill of the same name, at 2667 meters. Here we deviate from the usual itinerary to go up to the Tuca de Saburó (2,906m). Now, we will walk downhill until the end of the route, enjoying the last area with postcard forests and more lakes to reach the idyllic refuge, Josep María Blanc, on a peninsula within the Tort de Peguera lake. Dinner and overnight at Josep M. Blanc Refuge.
Refugio Josep M. Blanc – Refugio Ernest Mallafré – Refugio de Amitges. 16km
Breakfast. We will enjoy the lush and extensive black pine forests near the Ernest Mallafré refuge during this day. On the other hand, the Sant Maurici lake and the relief of Els Encantats make up the most recognised image of the national park. To make the route between the Josep María Blanc and Ernest Mallafré refuges, we will choose the variant that passes through the Monasterio pass and runs through the rural valley of the same name. Dinner and overnight at Amitges Refuge.
Refugio de Amitges – Refugio de Saboredo – Refugio Colomers. 11km
Breakfast. On this route, we will admire the wild, lonely and sparsely vegetated landscape around the Amitges refuge and the spectacular and vertical needles of Amitges next to the shelter of the same name. After that, we will go through the magnificent glacial cirque that baptises the refuge of Saboredo. After reaching Saboredo mountain hut, we will cross the glacier circus of Colomers, surrounded by peaks between 2,700 and 2,900 m in altitude, which is among those with the most lakes in the Pyrenees. Dinner and overnight at Colomers Refuge.
Refugio de Colomers – Refugio Ventosa i Calvell. 12,5km
Breakfast. The stage starts with the ascent to the mountain pass of Caldes, with almost 2600m, and the Crestada pass to reach the Restanca Refuge, where it is possible to find marmots. Then, we retrace our steps until Coll de Crestada pass and descend next to the Monges, Mangades and Travessani lakes, reaching the Ventosa i Calvell refuge (2273 m), with beautiful peaks surrounding us, such as the famous Montardo. Another magnificent sunset with amazing views. Dinner and overnight at Ventosa i Calvell Refuge.
Refugio Ventosa i Calvell – Refugio Estany Llong. 10 km
Breakfast. The most iconic climb of the trek, to the Contraix pass, the highest point of the route at 2,748 meters, awaits us as soon as we leave the refuge. Large blocks of rocks and magnificent views await us on the other side of the pass, where after a long descent of about 900 meters and more lakes, we will arrive at Estany Llong. After a few days of enjoying sunsets and sunrises in high mountains, far from inhabited areas, the trek is done. Transfer to Boí Taull and end of services.