BIG TREK IN THE PICOS DE EUROPA
TREK IN THE CENTRAL MASSIF HUT TO HUT
The “Big Trek” tour is suitable for those Hill Walkers who enjoy trekking “hut to hut” and challenging walks at higher altitudes over tougher longer routes. Ideal for experienced more top walkers.
The Central or Urrielu Massif of the Picos de Europa is with no doubt, the wildest and spectacular scenery in the National Park. The highest peaks of the National Park are in this massif, Torrecerredo (2,650 m) and its iconic mountain, Naranjo de Bulnes or Pico Urriellu.
· Sleep to the base of the iconic peak of Naranjo de Bulnes
· Hike a stunning landscape affords unique views in the heart of the Picos de Europa
· Experience a breath-taking part of the moon scenery of this National Park.
· Enjoy the best sunset in Picos de Europa, sleeping in Collado Jermoso Refuge.
· See a rich and varied fauna. Among other species, there are Chamois, Griffon vultures, Eagles, etc.
This tour gives you all of that; the walking is one part of it, the cultural & environmental experiences are the others.
|DURATION||5 days 4 nights|
|DATES 2019||24 – 28 June|
21 – 25 July
4 – 8 de August
23 – 27 August
1 – 5 September
15 – 19 September
Hikers with mountain experience and fit.
Hikers confident walking for several days with demanding ascents and descents.
Terrain: Not well-marked paths and sometimes is necessary to do a little scramble.
|ROUTES||Valcabao – Collado Jermoso 8Km ⇑ 700m ⇓400 m|
Collado Jermoso – Vega de Urriello 10Km ⇑800m ⇓850m
Vega de Urriello- Jou de los Cabrones 6Km ⇑750m ⇓550m
Jou de los Cabrones – Poncebos 8,5Km ⇓1.780m
If you have around four or more people in your party, we can organise a private group departing on a date to suit you. They may all be a group of friends or just a number of individuals who wish to book a tour.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: FROM VALCAVAO TO COLLADO JERMOSO REFUGE. Gradient: + 700m – 400m Distance: 8 Km Duration: 4-5 hours
Day 3: FROM COLLADO JERMOSO REFUGE TO URRIELLU REFUGE. Gradient: + 800m – 850m Distance: 10 Km Duration: 6-7 hours
Day 4: FROM URRIELLU REFUGE TO CABRONES REFUGE. Gradient: + 700 m - 550 m Distance: 6 Km Duration: 5-6 hours
Day 5: FROM CABRONES REFUGE TO PONCEBOS. Gradient: - 1.780 m Distance: 8,5 Km Duration: 4-5 hours
The Trekking is done. In Poncebos, the vehicle is waiting for us to transfer to Cangas de Onis.
DATES AND PRICES 2019
|24 – 28 June|
|-2 People in the group: 525 €|
-3 people in the group: 475 €
-4 to 8 people in the group: 425 €
|Single Supplement in Cangas de Onis €30|
|-2 People in the group: 535 €|
-3 people in the group: 485 €
-4 to 8 people in the group: 435 €
|Single Supplement in Cangas de Onis €35|
The minimum number necessary to complete the tour is 2 people.
The final price per person will depend on the number of people on the tour.
Single room is only available for the first night. In the Refuges, rooms are shared.
If you are interested in joining this tour, ask for the dates. If you have around four or more people in your party, we can organise a private group departing on a date to suit you. They may all be from a Walking Club or a group of friends or just a number of individuals who wish to book a tour.
- 1 night at Hotel Los Lagos Nature *** in Cangas de Onis
- 3 nights at Collado Refuge, Urriellu and Cabrones Refuges
- 4 Breakfast
- 4 dinners.
- All transport and listed activities.
- Guides – English speaking qualified/certified/approved guides
- Insurances (walkers fully insured) and taxes
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Picnic lunch. Can be purchased in the hotel or local shops.
- Flights. Airport transfers
Please, fill in the form below. We will check availability and we’ll reply by email as soon as possible – usually within 24 hours.