Anillo Extrem Picos de Europa630 € IVA incl.
ANILLO EXTREM PICOS DE EUROPA – CIRCULAR ROUTE THROUGH PICOS DE EUROPA –
The purpose of this project is for the National Park to become better known. Within a historical context, the “Anillo” (Ring) of Picos de Europa covers the Montes Vindios, known today as Picos de Europa.
Everything in this route in Picos de Europa is spectacular: the rocky crests, the gorges, the valleys, the vast glacial lakes, and the leafy forests. You can rest assured that you’ll be amazed at everything you see.
Every stone found on the wayside by people who wish to venture into the Ring amasses many different stories; many will be rescued from oblivion thanks to the National Park shelters and wardens’ work.
- Sleep in the National Park Refuges and talk with the wardens.
- A stunning landscape that affords unique views in the heart of the Picos de Europa.
- Experience a breathtaking part of the scenery of this National Park.
- Hike through the stronghold of the last Cantabrian tribe that fought against the Roman troops.
- See a rich and varied fauna. Among other species, there are chamois and Griffon vultures.
TOUR GROUPS. The minimum number necessary to complete a tour is 4 clients.
DEPOSIT. A deposit of 20% is required to reserve a place in the tour. The Deposit should be paid immediately to ensure that the tour company Rumbo a Picos can confirm your reservation & to ensure that the minimum number required to run the tour has been reached.
FINAL PAYMENT. Final payment must be made not later than 30 days prior to the tour start date.
- The tour company Rumbo a Picos reserves the right to cancel the tour if there is not a minimum number of participants up to 30 days before the tour start date. In the event of such cancellation, participants shall be refunded 100% of the payments they have made to the tour company Rumbo a Picos. The refund shall be made by Bank Transfer to the client’s bank account within 7 days of the notified cancellation.
- If the client cancels his/her booking before the tour start date, to cover the tour company’s costs & administrative expenses, the company will retain for a cancellation before 90days/€50, 60days/€100, 30days/€150 and will refund to the client all others payments received by the company from the client.
- If the client cancels his/her booking within 30 days of the tour start date, the tour company will not make any refund to the client.
- The tour company reserves the right to modify the tour program & the itinerary in the event of circumstances outside of their control, such as Force Majure, severe or unsuitable weather or any other circumstances they consider necessary to ensure the safety of the tour participants.
If a participant abandons the tour for whatever reason, he/she should inform the Guide in writing of their decision. Any related expenses must be paid by the participant.
Price per person
Poncebos - Refugio Vega de Ario. 14km
Meeting up with the leader and transfer to Poncebos. We begin this incredible trail running trip with a hard stage, as we have a elevation gain of 1,500m in just 6 km. We start in Poncebos towards Caín, 8 km practically flat to stretch our legs along the famous Cares Gorge until we reach “Culiembro”, where we leave the route to take the “GR Reconquista” and climb the “Canal de Culimebro”, 1,000m ascending in just 4 km. Once in Vega Maor where the Canal ends, we continue along the Moandi pass and then the path well-marked to the Vega de Ario Refuge. We rest with wonderful views. Dinner and accommodation in Vega de Ario Hut.
Refugio Vega de Ario - Refugio de Vegarredonda. 16KM
Breakfast. After breakfast, the route is straightforward, practically all of it downhill and along a well-marked path until Lakes Ercina & Enol. From Lake Enol until Vegarredonda Refuge is about two hours walking up, and just before you reach the refuge, many of the higher peaks of the western massif become visible. Dinner and accommodation in Vegarredonda Hut.
Refugio de Vegarredonda - Refugio de Vegabaño. 16 Km
Breakfast. Now, we go up until we reach Collado Les Merines (2.100 m). The green colour under our feet turns into the grey rock in an enormous limestone world through the Pozas Jou (karstic pothole). We will rest to drink some cool water from the Prieta spring. From one “jou” to another, we will cross stony ground before we reach the enormous Vega Huerta. We will continue along the marked path that takes us southwards down the Canal del Perro to the Frade shelter. From there, we have to make the easy descent among the beech trees surrounding the Vegabaño shelter, where we will encounter some indescribable beauty spots, such as the source of the Dobra River and the thousand-year-old oak tree of Vegabaño. Dinner and overnight stay at the refuge.
Refugio Vegabaño - Posada de Valdeón 9KM
Breakfast. We leave the Vegabaño shelter behind us, enter the beech grove, and go up a gentle slope; we will pass the home of the capercaillie. Continuing through the virgin woodland, we will go up the Dobres rock and start our descent into the Valdeon valley, among brooks, until the path gets wider and becomes a track that will take us to the village of Caldevilla. Having reached this point, we will follow the course of the Cares River to the town of Posada de valdeon, where we will have lunch and can buy food in the supermarket. After lunch, we go on until Santa Marina de Valdeon. Dinner and overnight stay at the refuge La Ardilla Real
Valcavao - Refugio Vega de Collado Jermoso. 8Km
Breakfast. Transfer to Pandetrave mountain pass and then by track to Valcabao. Today we start with a beautiful walk from Valcabao to Collado Jermoso Refuge by the Canal de Pedabejo, walking near the spectacular Vega de Liordes and along the cliffs of Colladinas until arriving at Collado Jermoso Refuge, our first stop and overnight. We rest and look forward to watching the fabulous sunset with beautiful views of the Valdeón valley and the Western Massif. Dinner and overnight at the refuge.
Refugio Collado Jermoso - Refugio Vega de Urriellu. 10Km
We leave the Refuge to the Collada Ancha and Tiro Casares to reach the Cabaña Verónica Refuge. From here, we descend to Horcados Rojos with incredible views of Naranjo de Bulnes and drop to the Jou de Los Boches by a steep and exposed slope unsuitable for people with vertigo. We cross the moonscape of the Jou of Los Boches and Jou sin Tierre until arriving at the Urriellu Refuge. Dinner and overnight stay at the Refuge
Refugio Vega de Urriellu - Poncebos. 8,5Km
Breakfast. We leave the Refuge leaving behind us the west face of the emblematic Picu Urriellu. We quickly headed towards Jou Lluengo, a typical Picos de Europa scree section, until we reached the famous Camburero Canal, a very steep descent to the Valcosín Canal. An area that is flatter and with more vegetation to reach the town of Bulnes. After a rest and lunch in the town, one last descent through the Canal del Tejo to Poncebos, where the vehicle awaits us to return to Arenas de Cabrales or Cangas de Onís. End of services.